2 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour Via Kigali, Rwanda
This 2-day Uganda gorilla trekking tour safari takes you to the misty Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, which is home to more than half the population of the remaining 1004 Mountain Gorillas. The safari offers a unique birding opportunity, cultural experiences, a scenic allure of stunning hills and lush vegetation inhabited by the elusive primates. The Mountain gorilla trek activity is the most enchanting experience in this forest.
Day 1: Drive from Kigali to Bwindi Forest National Park in Uganda
Our driver guide will drive you to Uganda either on your arrival or after an overnight in Kigali, Rwanda. You will cross the border via Kyanika border and continue to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the home of great Mountain Gorillas in Uganda. Later in the afternoon, you will visit the Batwa “Pygmy” community. Then, dinner and overnight stay at your lodge.
Budget: Ruhija Gorilla Friends Camp/Broadbill Lodge/Traveler’s Rest Camp
Midrange: Gorilla Mist Camp /Rushaga Gorilla Camp/ Mutanda Lake Resort.
Luxury: Buhoma Lodge/Mahogany Spring Lodge/Gorilla safari Lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking and Transfer Back to Kigali for Departure
After an early breakfast, you will be taken to the Park Headquarters for a briefing at 7:30am about the rules of Mountain Gorilla tracking. After the briefing, you will set off for the Mountain Gorilla trekking in the jungle. The trek ranges between 2 – 6 hours and you have one hour to stay with the Mountain Gorillas once sited. After, you will drive back to Kigali for your flight back home. End of the tour.
- A Visa – you can apply for the visa online or very easily get one at the point of entry into the country (airport)
- Gorilla trekking permits – You can apply and secure permit at standard fee (USD600)
- Travel &Health insurance – This should be arranged by you in your home country before you travel.
- Physical fitness
- Full board accommodation as per the itinerary
- 4WD safari vehicle
- Bottled drinking water
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Services of an English Speaking Driver/guide.
- Community visit fees
- Return airport transfers.
- Other drinks apart from bottled water
- Tips to local guides
- Telephone expenses
- Porter fees while trekking Gorillas.
- Personal insurance